The Reason

Tuesday, November 22, 2011
When school started this August, I was able to get back to work on my photography business, something that I had been looking forward to for a VERY long time. I had specialized in commercial stock photography for the last decade (oh my god, I that makes me feel old!). With the change in the economy and the changes in the stock industry, as well our new start in Texas, the time was/is right to change my photo niche.

My favorite, favorite things about photography is working with people so closely; building the relationship; the excitement & fun of the shoot; and then, of course, the payoff —

     ...the look on their faces when they get to see the images that were created.

In the past few months that I've been back to working on my business, I've been so consumed with THE BUSINESS of business (which is indeed very necessary), wallowing in infrastructure, business planning, marketing, networking, blah blah blah.

I was really not enjoying myself, and wondering, "What am I doing??" And though all the details have not been hashed out to my standards, and all the samples and websites and blog pages and social networks, etc, are not where I want them to be, I decided to jump back behind the camera, ready or not.

      I'm so glad I did.

All the reasons I love photography has flooded back. The adrenaline is pumping, the passion is back and I love love love what I do.

     Thank you Nancy, for being my muse.



     ~ Mui Chao
        Photographic Artist


_________________________________

Actor/Model Portfolio Shoot of Nancy

Nancy had transitioned from modeling to acting, having appeared in commercials and network television series such as "In Plain Sight," "The Lying Game" and more. Her portfolio was gorgeous; very fashion and beauty oriented. She wanted to show more range. Below are but a tiny sampling of the amazing shoot we had, demonstrating strength, confidence, trustworthiness, softness, and vulnerability.

Nancy's makeup skills were a huge contribution. I can't wait to shoot with her again, as we play with different roles, looks and expressions.
 

Detective Nancy :)

The friendly financial professional

Soft & Pretty

Emphasizing the Asian side of her heritage


Fashion & Attitude

Casual & Approachable

The friendly neighborhood mom (in real life & on TV)

0 comments:

Post a Comment